English speaking part

Post hier al je vragen en ideeën over dit forum.

Moderators: 19-AT-068 Frank, Thijs, Remco Rozenburg, erik_ark

English speaking part

Berichtdoor Nojus » 26 maart 2020, 21:25

Hi everybody,
Do you accept English speaking colegues?I'm living in Dordrecht and working in english speaking company,sorry,my Nederlands is too puur..
Nojus
Nieuw Lid
Nieuw Lid

Re: English speaking part

Berichtdoor 19RE000 » 26 maart 2020, 22:08

Nojus schreef:Hi everybody,
Do you accept English speaking colegues?I'm living in Dordrecht and working in english speaking company,sorry,my Nederlands is too puur..

Hi Nojus,

Welcome and English no problem for many of us.
19RE000
www.cbforum.nl SUPERRRRR Freak

Berichtdoor Wimpie » 26 maart 2020, 23:31

Hello Nojus,

I have no idea whether (or not) the moderators accept English. Just try it! When the moderators don't like it, they will contact you.

Many people can read at least some English. Hopefully my contribution looks like English.
Wimpie

Berichtdoor Thijs » 27 maart 2020, 08:49

I have no problem at all with English
Afbeelding
Thijs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Berichtdoor Nojus » 27 maart 2020, 10:15

Thanks you guys,I'm living in Dordrecht (Dordt) and started to do CB,have bought 2 CB radios - President Henry Classic (27mhz) and Wouxun KG-UV9D Plus Walkie Talkie (136-174 and 400-512 MHz) and didn't found any user speaking English yet. Didn't see Dutch cars equipped with antennas. But listening to people talking on 456.0100 I think at river docking spot.Also hear people on 27mhz in Dordt.
Right now looking for frequencies I can find colleagues in my area and on my way to work in Waalwijk.
Have a great time..thank you
Nojus
Nieuw Lid
Nieuw Lid

Berichtdoor Wimpie » 27 maart 2020, 15:01

CB is not very popular anymore. When you see a car with an antenna, it could also be a licensed radio amateur.

Did you know there is CB-repeater active across the Netherlands?
http://www.cbrepeater.nl

You can receive the repeater at ch 11 (27.085 MHz "uitgang"). To access the repeater you need to transmit on ch 18 (27.175 MHz "ingang"). It is a system using several transmitters and receivers that are connected via the Internet.

456.010 MHz looks to me as a freqeuncy for traffic controllers (verkeersregelaars).

If you like to receive communications, you may also look at:
http://www.scannerforum.nl and http://frequentiedatabase.tk/

Regarding your Walky-Talky:
You may posses it, but officially you may not have it at hand ready to use. So be careful when using it outside. The reason for this is that it can transmit on frequencies that require a license or registration.
Wimpie

Berichtdoor Nojus » 27 maart 2020, 22:50

Wimpie schreef:CB is not very popular anymore. When you see a car with an antenna, it could also be a licensed radio amateur.

Did you know there is CB-repeater active across the Netherlands?
http://www.cbrepeater.nl

You can receive the repeater at ch 11 (27.085 MHz "uitgang"). To access the repeater you need to transmit on ch 18 (27.175 MHz "ingang"). It is a system using several transmitters and receivers that are connected via the Internet.

456.010 MHz looks to me as a freqeuncy for traffic controllers (verkeersregelaars).

If you like to receive communications, you may also look at:
http://www.scannerforum.nl and http://frequentiedatabase.tk/

Regarding your Walky-Talky:
You may posses it, but officially you may not have it at hand ready to use. So be careful when using it outside. The reason for this is that it can transmit on frequencies that require a license or registration.

Thank you for usefull information..I know136-174 is aviation frequencies-not allowed to transmit but 400-512 MHz is is possible without a license I think,or am I wrong?
Thanks
Nojus
Nieuw Lid
Nieuw Lid

Berichtdoor Wimpie » 27 maart 2020, 23:40

Hello Nojus,

I am very sorry to say, you may not use it at all as you can operate it (transmit) on frequencies that require a license or registration, and/or it can transmit with higher then legal power.

You may know we have PMR 446 (personal/professional mobile radio, 446 MHz band) that can be compared with the US FRS (Family Radio Service). The FRS uses other frequencies so FRS Walkies cannot be used overhere.

430 - 440 MHz is a radio amateur (HAM) frequency band. Communication for police, fire brigade, etc (C2000) use frequencies in the 418 MHz range. 406 MHz is used for some sattelite services. There are many other users in the 400...470 MHz band.

As long as you use it for receive only and avoid showing it in public, it is very unlikely that you will run into trouble.

The reason behind: "you may possess it" and "you may not use it" is because of free circulation/trade of goods within the EU (except dangerous goods). You can have a car, but without a license you may not drive.

When you qualify for an N- or F- amateur license, you may use it.

CB does not require license nor registration. You may require permission from the home owner if you want to mount an antenna on your house.

I hope it doesn't look like I am intoxicated!
Wimpie

Berichtdoor Nojus » 27 maart 2020, 23:59

So,in two words my Wouxun KG-UV9D Plus Walkie Talkie (136-174 and 400-512 MHz) useless here? I saw on Youtube that guys in Russia is talking on 400-512MHz.
Other question,what about DMR radio,popular here in EU?If yes,what radio you can recomend?thanks
Nojus
Nieuw Lid
Nieuw Lid

Berichtdoor Wimpie » 28 maart 2020, 00:46

Hello Nojus,

Russia has another history with regards to the radiospectrum, and is large by size. Illegal spectrum use may remain unnoticed. Same is valid for (for example) the US.

The Netherlands is a relative small country, with 17 million inhabitants. There is illegal frequency use over here also. For example high power walkies (like you have) are used on PMR frequencies.

If you want to use DMR on amateur frequencies, you need to register yourself with an Amateur Radio callsign, otherwise you can't access the network. I have no experience with DMR, DSTAR or other amateur digital radio modes, so I can't recommend you a radio.

I would recommend you to stay with your CB radio and use the Wouxun for receive only but not in public.
Wimpie

Berichtdoor Nojus » 28 maart 2020, 01:26

Wimpie schreef:I would recommend you to stay with your CB radio and use the Wouxun for receive only but not in public.

thanks a lot..
Nojus
Nieuw Lid
Nieuw Lid

Keer terug naar Helpdesk